The memorable moments and lessons learned
As the year comes to a close, I wanted to take a moment to rewind and look back at 2022 and share with you our highlights and learning moments.
Just when we thought it could not get any more crazy, everything was kicked up a gear.
We started the year off with floods around Brisbane, Russia went to war with Ukraine, worldwide supply line shortages; we welcomed a new Prime Minister; we said goodbye to Queen Elizabeth II, the longest-reigning British monarch, and Argentina beat France in the World Cup. Plus so much more. But if I went into all the details, this blog would be way too long.
Our year was definitely not that crazy, but we did kick some goals. Personally I love a good list and targets, it helps to keep me focused.
This year was all about growth and finding mine, and the business’ style.
So, without further ado, here’s mine and Tristen Scott’s wins for the year.
- We moved out of home and into a new office, located in Fortitude Vally; we now have a place to call ours in the WOTSO building. We have made so many new connections and just love the funky office space. Plus, I love the endless supply of sparkling water and lollies!
- We helped a number of clients purchase their new homes, by representing them as their buyers agent.
- We had our first $1m+ sale, leased and listed a handful of stunning homes, plus put together ten, 5 year growth and maintenance plans. Helping investors “invest” in their investment! Try saying that ten times fast.
- We updated our style, brand, and logo. Say good bye to T/S Real Estate and hello to TRISTEN SCOTT ESTABLISHED 2020 with our colours being Black, White and a lovely pastel green. We love it and we hope you do as well.
- TRISTEN SCOTT finalised its guiding values, being – Passionate, Transparent and Thorough. We live by these values and hope they shine through in every interaction with all our clients.
We also had some important learning curves.
- We learnt that social media is a challenge to manage. So, we engaged the help of a social media team. We quickly learnt that people are quick to spend your money, not listen to your views and sell you a vision. But it’s not all bad, we took away learnings of how to do things ourselves on social media. Plus, how not to treat our clients.
- We’ve also learnt that the saying “There’s no friends in business” is very true. It still shocks me how many friends say they will promote the business or go through us, but then use a competitor. Oh well, their loss.
One last thing to share, someone said to me is “Stop aiming for perfection!” So we have.
We understand that we will make mistakes, but that’s ok. So going into 2023 we’re living by the Lyrics of – This Is Me by Keala Settle:
Look out ’cause here I come
And I’m marching on to the beat I drum
I’m not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me
To everyone that’s cheering us on, your support has allowed us to grow and succeed. We are grateful for your trust in us. We look forward to continuing to win with you in the new year and beyond.
Thank you for a great year.